Bath in Fashion 2012:
Now in its third year, Bath in Fashion is back with an amazing lineup of talks, workshops, catwalk shows and special shopping events running from the 25th March – 1st April. I, for one, am thrilled to see such a great fashion event running in the beautiful city of Bath, so close to my hometown. It embraces both vintage, historic and current elements of the fashion world – bringing them all together in a world heritage setting.
Although it is well worth a visit for the shopping experience alone – here’s a line up of some of the great events planned for the week:
* Manolo Blahnik in conversation with renowned fashion writer Iain R Webb. This is a rare opportunity to hear his story and views on life, shoes and the city he calls home.
* Stephen Jones, the fashion world’s most prolific milliner is to curate an exhibition and give a talk, “From Georgiana to Boy George” in conversation with Sarah Mower, Contributing Editor to American Vogue at the Holburne Museum.
* Bath’s beloved Little Theatre Cinema will host a series of films including Beyond Biba introduced by Barbara Hulanicki.
* Designer fashion event at the glittering Assembly Rooms showcasing designers from Baths independent boutiques. Also a catwalk show from Bath in Fashions guest designer Amanda Wakeley. In addition there will be High street fashion at The Guildhall; a fast moving showcase for the Spring/Summer Collections for 2012.
* A talk with Roger Saul, best known as the man behind the Mulberry brand. Hear how Mulberry became a global sensation and about the launch of Roger Saul’s latest venture the Kilver Court Emporium designer outlet.
* The Alessi story told by, Matteo Alessi, great grandson of Giovanni Alessi who established the business in 1921.
* Workshops by Karen Nicol, textile artist and designer in residence at Bath Spa University. Also Julian Roberts will host a subtraction cutting workshop.
* Vintage Sunday – including a vintage fashion market at Green Park Station, Secret Tea Party, designer Pearl Lowe judging best dressed couple, and vintage trail .
* Fashion & Sportswear exhibition at the Fashion Museum and talk by Manager Rosemary Harden at the BRSLI
* Launch of Dress of the Year at the Fashion Museum. Each year the Fashion Museum invites a top fashion writer (this year Hamish Bowles) to select a “Dress of the Year” that epitomises fashion for the previous 12 months.
* Saturday Street Style – a lively event with in store activity and promotions across the city
* Bath Life Fashion’s Night Out – a chance to experiment with the season’s hot looks with citywide personal shopping
For full and detailed information visit Bath in Fashion. And of course, Fashion-Spy will be bringing you highlights from the events in a couple of weeks time.
This entry was posted in Blog
. Bookmark the permalink